13 July 2006

Growing Up


To me the end of being a baby and the beginning of being a kid is the first haircut. I postpone it as long as I can, always. The fine hair and curls are just wonderful; they make me believe that they can go on staying little forever. Then reality hits you when you actually have to cut the hair because they can no longer see clearly... Well that has finally happened. My littlest one went from being my baby to being a big kid...
I had to sit him down and do away with all of those wonderful curls. His hair was starting to look like he had dreadlocks in the back and it was coming over his eyes. So now my little man can see where he is going.
Doesn't he look older now?! I can hardly believe that they are the same kid. Aww well, he won't stop growing, this was inevitable. Doesn't make it any easier though...

2 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Hi Nona! Your little boy is so handsome! I was just remarking today to my MIL how Nicky seems to have made the jump from toddler to little boy overnight. It's kind of sad to see them grow up, though it is exciting, too.

Is that you in the picture?

Nona said...

Yes, that's a picture of me and my Joe... :)