18 January 2007

Diary of a Mrs. Wyoming America Contestant

Yes, you read it right. Here I am in the middle of nowhere and I am a finalist in the Mrs. Wyoming America pageant that will be happening in May of 2007. I know that some of you really liked my stories on becoming a Wyoming Wife, so I figured that this was a great follow-up.
I've recently transformed myself from this:


To this!!!


So far, I have to say that it has been a blast. I've had my title now since October and I have been out in my community, more like my county, volunteering, doing fundraisers, and seeking sponsorships, as this is not the cheapest hobby to have!


Here is a picture of our opening number dress:




I have chosen coral, which is like the color of the dress on the right. Now I just need to lose a few pounds that have decided that they like their current home and I will be looking good! Once I get my interview suit, evening gown, and swimsuit picked out, you'll be the first to know. I'll also keep you updated on how my volunteering is going and see if I can get some pictures of the other girls in the area.


And you all just let me know if you want my address, so you can send donations to help pay for this, because I'm starting to believe that crafting is a lot cheaper! :)


Feel free to ask any questions that you may have. Whomever wins in May goes on to compete in the Mrs. America pageant held in beautiful Arizona, so well wishes are definitely welcome!







No comments: